Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

The Mask

Compelled it seems to brink of tears
by thankless sacrifice
Of time, Of energy, Of self
The mask begins to crack.

Searching for purposes to life
for goals to be fulfilled
finding nothing of import
The cracks begin to grow

Seeing those I come to know
obtain their hearts desire
while mine remains unfulfilled
The mask it starts to shatter

Emotions locked within my frame
Denied, Ignored, Supressed
come bursting forth without relent
The mask, It lies in pieces

The mask is broken shattered here,
My inner being exposed
But things which strove to break this mask,
Take aim now on my soul.

-- Matthew Aldridge

I wrote this a few months ago, when I was feeling particularly down..

Comments:
Glad to see you chose to share this.

Personally, I like it, but think the language needs a little work as it sticks a bit in places.
 
Hi Matt,

I found your poem very moving. Your feelings are beautifully expressed. Thanks for sharing.

Fi
 
Have already mentioned this to you in person but I think the way you have expressed yourself is pretty awesome. I think it clearly describes your feelings- or perhaps more presicely your thoughts about your feelings- YOU SHOULD SHARE MORE OFTEN!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?