Thursday, April 21, 2005

 

A begining

So. I finally did it. I finlly decided to jump on the "blog" bandwagon, to post my thoughts, feelings, and experiences up on the internet for the wider world to see.

What am I thinking? Ive seen so many people get burnt through blogs. Ive seen them cause no end of stress and hardship. So what. I see the benefit of them to.

But first, a few warnings. This blog is NOT for the faint hearted. I am making a commitment to myself here and now, which I can only hope I will have the integrity to keep. Short of a legal threat, I will not remove any post I make to this blog. I will not edit them for content (I may fix particularly bad spelling mistakes). Once there posted, thats how they will stay. I will leave this blog as a record of what I said at that time, no matter how much I may change my mind and disagree with what I previously said.

Consequently, you may find what I have to say shocking. You may find it offensive. You may disagree. Tough. It stays. If you cant handle that, then I suggest you dont read what I post here.

That sounds very harsh. What do I mean by the above? I mean that whatever I post, I expect you to read it in light of me. Of my character. I like to think im a person who dosent set out to be rude, to say offensive things, to hurt people. If something I have written reads that way, then I would hope the most likely interpretation would be some combination of me not writing what I am trying to say, and you not reading what I am trying to say. The internet is an incredible source of misunderstanding, misinterpretation and confusion. Please. Please. PLEASE. If something I write offends you, do the following.

  1. Think about something else for a few minutes and the read it again.
  2. Try not to be offended, and try to work out what I MEANT by the statement... even if it is not what the statement appears to say.
  3. Send me an email, or a private message, or have a private conversation with me about the comment. Get me to explain what I meant by the comment.

If you just disagree with what I have to say, then by all means, debunk me. Argue with me, irl or in the comments. I love a good argument. If you think im wrong, tell me why.

If I agree with you, and I think something I have said should be retracted, I will make a comment to that effect in the comments. But I will leave the origional comment as is.

My aim throughout this blog is to be as honest as is feasible. Obviously im not going to broadcast my entire life to the entire internet. But I hope what I have to say here can be entretaining, thought provoking, and most of all usefull.

Comments:
Hey Matt!! Good to see you in the blogosphere. Consider yourself linked!
 
I disagree.
 
I agree with Talen. No, wait, that would cause all of existence to end in a flas....NO CARRIER
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?